Froyo Fruitsicles

Tuesday, June 21, 2016


Cheers to summer finally making it's presence! I've been looking forward to getting Norah out of the house and enjoying the sunshine while we can. Rochester can be quite unpredictable, but I have a feeling that summertime is here to stay...for a while anyway.
I've switched gears with the way I'm thinking about toddler food in terms of providing healthy food/snacks that are always easy accessible. With an active toddler in action and the days becoming so unpredictable, having snacks on hand makes life a lot easier. I decided to make Froyo Fruitsicles, as I like to call them, which are easy to prepare and the ingredients are probably sitting right in your fridge. Not to mention, they make for a cool, healthy snack on hot summer days like today.



I kind of winged this recipe because I was making them on a whim with what I already had a home. In which you should definitely alter the ingredients to your liking. Also, keep in mind that each popsicle mold is different in size, so you may need less or more of each ingredient. I used these Ikea Popsicle Molds for this recipe.
Here are the basics: I cut up about a handful each of strawberries/blueberries and 1 kiwi, all into bite sized pieces. I placed them into the molds first filling each mold about halfway with fruit. For my recipe, I kept the fruit separate, but you could definitely mix them up if you're feeling adventurous. In a bowl, I mixed about 1 1/2 cups of yogurt with 1/2 cup of almond milk to help the yogurt mold around the fruit better. The yogurt I used was Organic Valley Grassmilk plain yogurt. Norah happens to love this yogurt (I'm not too big of a fan) and it's full of natural omega 3s. It also comes in vanilla, as well. I added about 1 tbsp. of honey and 2 tbsp. of flax seeds to the mixture, as well. If you want a sweeter taste, add a little extra honey. Once everything was stirred, I poured it into the molds. After that you add the sticks, place it in the freezer for about 4-6 hours and "Voila" you have six molds of amazingness.
Now I just have to keep my hands off them, so Norah can enjoy!


Happy second day of summer!

Post a Comment

Copyright © House of Caruso
Design by Fearne